A common workflow to set up and start using the platform is …
- Add Customers (if you’re using SafetyWise internally then setup your own organisation as the “customer”)
- Add Site(s)
- Start creating a library of Hazards and Hazardous Substances that you’d commonly encounter.
- Update your Sites with their Hazards and Hazardous Substances from your libraries.
- Add Staff (including your subcontractors if you wish) and invite them to become Users of the system. You can also add staff that won’t be using the system themselves.
Now you’re ready to get into action recording TASKS such as Inductions, Timesheets, Incidents (accidents), etc.
You can also run reports of Inductions, Safety Meetings, Incidents, Staff Activities, and Timesheets. Reports are generated and downloaded as .csv files that you can then open in Excel and format as you wish. If you want help with formatting reports just ask and we can help for a small charge.
And you may also want to …
- upload your (own company’s) Safety Policy or Policies, that you can then email from the app to anyone on request
- make some Site Specific Safety Plans
- conduct and record the minutes of a general Safety Meeting … (including a record of who was at the meeting)
- prepare JSAs (Job Safety Analysis)
- setup some Staff Training Topics and then record which Staff have had those Trainings
And, please ask us questions and give us feedback. Tell us what you like, anything you don’t, and what could be improved. We believe that the only dumb questions are the ones you wanted to ask but didn’t.